Enjoy Day After Day of Wonderful Snorkeling
The St John Snorkeling Guide eBook shares our extensive in the water research. This was our favorite Caribbean island for snorkeling. Once you travel beyond the most popular beaches that have unhealthy reefs, there are lots of healthy reefs to snorkel. Or at least there was…
Unfortunately, in 2017, shortly after we wrote this guide, Hurricane Irma and then Maria directly hit St John, causing extensive damage to the island and the reefs.
Recent visitors to St John who have used this guide have reported things are recovering nicely, and that the guide is still very helpful. But we have reduced the price of the guide by over 40%, until we can get back and revise the underwater descriptions and pictures.
Find a Thrilling Abundance of Sea Life
- 34 of the best snorkeling spots
- Avoid disappointing dead reefs
Explore With Confidence
- 298 pages of clear, accurate descriptions of what to expect, how to get there, and where to swim
- 745 pictures, above and below water, even where to park
- 11 maps get you there easily
Daily Travel Decisions Made Easy
- Suggested itineraries, favorite spots, quick location reference
- Choosing where to go is no longer frustrating
Click Arrows to See Sample Pages
Customer Review – Eileen
The “bible” of snorkeling for St. John. We have been going to St. John for 10 years and Nicole and Galen nailed it!
Customer Review – Gwen
My family used the St John Snorkeling Guide and found it to be incredibly helpful. We have snorkeled St John for the past seven years, but with this book we discovered new beaches to try and we learned a lot of things we didn’t know. It’s well-written, comprehensive, and a valuable tool for fish identification. We appreciated the ability to print out a version to take with us, too.
Customer Review – Bill
Once again, I have to tip my hat to you. I just came back from St. John and used your guide and it was wonderful. My wife kept saying, “How do you find these remote spots?” And, I tell her that I didn’t. Galen and Nicole did.
The Best Snorkeling in St John Is Not at the Most Popular Beaches
Want to find schools of fish? We share these rarely snorkeled spots!
If you know where to swim you can find these lush and healthy coral beds.
And if you love colorful sponges, you will not be disappointed on St John, with our guide.
St John has mangroves, which offer some really interesting snorkeling. We share how to find it.
Customer Review – Bria and Paul
The St John Snorkeling Guide eBook provided a wonderful “Go-To” Guide for planning our snorkeling day trips. The eBook format made it easy to print out the sections that we wanted to have on hand… This guide was invaluable, and the icon rating system very user friendly. The maps were… very helpful in finding our beaches and snorkeling sites. We highly recommend this guide for anyone thinking about exploring the undersea wonders of St. John.
Customer Review – Paul
The St John Snorkeling Guide was invaluable in finding some of the more remote sites. I don’t think we would have found them without it. Your driving directions to the site, the best way to enter, and where the best snorkeling was at each site were extremely helpful. It is a well thought out and thorough snorkeling guide. Thanks for doing it!
About the Authors – 100% Snorkelers
Galen Piehl and Nicole Atkins have sold thousands of their eight popular eBook snorkeling guides. They also author the most popular snorkeling website, with over a million readers a year.
Avid snorkelers, they are on a mission to improve the quality and accuracy of information available for snorkelers, and to help everyone have the most memorable snorkel adventures of their lives.
What’s in the St John Snorkeling Book?
34 of the Best Snorkeling Sites
Why did we find St John to be the best Caribbean island we have visited for snorkeling, yet you can read reports from people that the reefs on St John are dead? Because they are only snorkeling the popular beaches with dead reefs. In the St John Snorkeling Guide we focus 100% on getting you to the best snorkel sites and go overboard with useful descriptions and pictures of what it is like and how to get there. Compare this to general travel guides not written by snorkelers. They only give a few sentences about fewer spots, often with incorrect information.
Each Spot Includes:
- At a glance reference chart of the key details about the location
- Description of what you can expect, above and below water
- Best water entrance location and what it is like (sandy/rocky)
- Hazards – currents, swells, exposure, challenging entries
- Swimming directions to the healthiest reef areas with the most sea life
- Detailed driving and parking directions
- Facilities – bathrooms, water, shade, etc.
- Color pictures of everything – the beach, water entrance, sea life, driving intersections, parking, and facilities
Each Chapter/Section Includes:
- An overview description of what the area is like, with some notes about beaches to avoid with poor snorkeling.
- Road maps showing where the spots are, parking areas, trails, etc.
It Also Includes Very Useful Resources and Links
- Suggested Itineraries – Where to find the most fish, corals, turtles, kids spots, etc.
- Sites at a Glance – Reference and ranking of all spots.
- Fish and Creature ID Guide – 195 color pictures
- Snorkeling Safety and Reef Etiquette – How to read ocean conditions, currents, winds, and to snorkel safely.
- First Time Snorkeler Tips – How to snorkel efficiently, fit equipment, and choose locations for your skill level.
- Snorkel Gear Guide Plus Fitting and Use Tips
- Where to Rent Equipment
- Underwater Photography and Camera Gear Guides
- Travel Tips – Where to stay for snorkeling, best times of year, etc.
- Prevalent Wind and Ocean Current Tips
- Easy Print Guide Chapter – All of the snorkeling spots, condensed in one chapter with a smaller font and no pictures, that is easy to print.
Freedom to Be Your Own Guide – Save Money on Boat Tours
The vast majority of the best snorkeling spots in St John are accessible from shore. That means you don’t have to go on expensive boat tours on their schedule, to spots you can’t control, no matter the weather. Your snorkeling will be better and you will save money in the process. Where boat tours are a good idea, we recommend them.
PDF eBook Can Be Read on Any PC, Mac, Phone, or Tablet
Download the eBook to any device. Read it with a PDF reader like the free Adobe Reader app. It works great on all devices (except Kindle). Kindle Fire can use any other PDF reading app.
- PC and Mac
- Apple iPad, iPhone and Some iPods
- Kindle Fire and Fire HD
- Kindle E-readers (limited functionality)
- Android Tablets and Phones
Buy the St John Snorkeling Guide Here
You Are 100% Money Back Guaranteed – We know you will love the guide, but if you are dissatisfied we will promptly give you a refund.
Your Personal Details Are Secure – Payments are processed by Stripe, or choose PayPal or Apple Pay. We never see your financial details.
SendOwl handles our secure shopping cart system and eBook delivery.
Be Reading in Moments – Download your eBook during checkout. An email will also be sent with a download link.
Note: We have discounted the price from $22.95 for the St John Snorkeling Guide because it has not been updated since the 2017 hurricanes. Folks who have used the guide recently have stated that it is still very useful for finding snorkel spots.
St John Snorkeling Guide
PDF eBook $12.95
eGift Delivery Available – Just click the gift box during checkout. Not available with Apple Pay.
Problems with checkout? Please let us know.
Do you have purchasing or downloading questions about our eBooks? Read our FAQ page here.