Kauai Snorkeling Guide eBook
Enjoy Day After Day of Wonderful Snorkeling
We have snorkeled everything on Kauai, and it can be exciting and challenging. Our Kauai Snorkeling Guide eBook second edition will tell you the best spots on the island and the little details that will get you in the water more, with less frustration and better experiences.
Find a Thrilling Abundance of Sea Life
- 18 of the best snorkeling spots
- Avoid disappointing dead reefs
Explore With Confidence
- 205 pages of clear, accurate descriptions of what to expect, how to get there, and where to swim
- 555 pictures, above and below water, even where to park
- 9 maps get you there easily
Daily Travel Decisions Made Easy
- Suggested itineraries, favorite spots, quick location reference
- Choosing where to go is no longer frustrating
Click Arrows to See Sample Pages
Customer Review – Robert
…I used the book exclusively and pretty much as a bible/guide. I read the book very carefully and really appreciated all of the information about directions, locations, expectations and safety…
If you are interested in having a good set of snorkeling experiences this book will offer just that. From the very basic beginner level to a more advanced level. It’s all here. Great maps, diagrams and descriptions. All were accurate and therefore helpful.
Good job and thanks Galen and Nicole…. I will use your book on Maui for the next trip.
Customer Review – Todd
My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Kauai. We experienced our first snorkeling adventures on our trip and I want to thank you for all the great information on this website and in your eBook I purchased. We started preparing for our trip several months in advance and your advice on gear, sunscreens etc… was a tremendous help. The information in your eBook was extremely helpful in deciding the best locations for us to snorkel (and even where to park!). Thanks again and we are looking forward to our next snorkeling adventure!
Little Details Make a Big Difference When Snorkeling Kauai
For example, everyone says to snorkel Tunnels. But did you know that there are only a few close parking spots that fill up early? Or that Tunnels reef is huge and can be seen from space? And yet most people only snorkel the area by the shore, missing the best stuff. Or what about when it is dumping rain on the north shore? Because it will. Or that in some seasons the waves are way too big. Where do you go?
Because Kauai has more rain, and most of the snorkel spots are exposed to the trade winds, knowing all your options is very important so that you can snorkel as much as you want without disappointment.
Kauai is also more dangerous than the other Hawaiian Islands, with strong currents in some areas that you need to know about.
In the Kauai Snorkeling Guide we tell you where to snorkel with all of these fish.
And the best spots to find healthy corals.
And where we found twenty turtles all in one spot, and Spotted Eagle Rays at another.
How to snorkel the famous Na Pali Coast.
Where the most beautiful snorkeling beaches are.
Customer Review – Charley
There’s not a wasted word in the Kauai Snorkeling Guide. It provides the precise information required to determine a destination….how to find it… how to enter the water…. and where in the bay or area to find the fish.
Information like you’ve provided on currents in the Kauai guide can avert potentially serious situations and is deeply appreciated as we always take our grandsons on our trips. The knowledge that it’s a good idea to be at Hideaways Beach by 8am if you want a space to park is instrumental to avoiding a potentially frustrating and annoying situation… and helps you enjoy your trip so much more.
I could go on and on but… bottom line… your guides are the Bible for snorkelers. I greatly appreciate your efforts in making them available.
About the Authors – 100% Snorkelers
Galen Piehl and Nicole Atkins have sold thousands of their eight popular eBook snorkeling guides. They also author the most popular snorkeling website, with over a million readers a year.
Avid snorkelers, they are on a mission to improve the quality and accuracy of information available for snorkelers, and to help everyone have the most memorable snorkel adventures of their lives.
What’s in the Kauai Snorkeling Book?
Details on the Best Snorkeling Sites
Most Kauai travel guide books, websites and even visitor centers only give you a tiny bit of information about what to expect at a specific snorkeling spot. And for a place like Kauai, with more potential hazards, you need better information. We are snorkelers, who actually get in the water at the places we describe. And we provide all the details you need for each location in our Kauai Snorkeling Guide.
Each Spot Includes:
- At a glance reference chart of the key details about the location
- Description of what you can expect, above and below water
- Best water entrance location and what it is like (sandy/rocky)
- Hazards – currents, swells, exposure, challenging entries
- Swimming directions to the healthiest reef areas with the most sea life
- Detailed driving and parking directions
- Facilities – bathrooms, water, shade, etc.
- Color pictures of everything – the beach, water entrance, sea life, driving intersections, parking, and facilities
Each Chapter/Section Includes:
- An overview description of what the area is like, with some notes about beaches to avoid with poor snorkeling.
- Road maps showing where the spots are, parking areas, trails, etc.
It Also Includes Very Useful Resources and Links
- Suggested Itineraries – Where to find the most fish, corals, turtles, kids spots, etc.
- Sites at a Glance – A reference and ranking of all the spots.
- Fish and Creature ID Guide – 162 color pictures
- Snorkeling Safety and Reef Etiquette – How to read ocean conditions, currents, winds, and to snorkel safely.
- First Time Snorkeler Tips – How to snorkel efficiently, fit equipment, and choose locations for your skill level.
- Snorkel Gear Guide Plus Fitting and Use Tips
- Where to Rent Equipment
- Underwater Photography and Camera Gear Guides
- Travel Tips – Where to stay for snorkeling, best times of year, etc.
- Prevalent Wind and Ocean Current Tips
- Easy Print Guide Chapter – All of the snorkeling spots, condensed in one chapter with a smaller font and no pictures, that is easy to print.
When things change we update the Kauai Snorkeling Guide eBook, like when the popular Lydgate pool was closed for repairs, or when we find errors or bad links. Printed guides are not updated until they sell all the printed copies.
Freedom to Be Your Own Guide – Save Money on Boat Tours
The vast majority of the best snorkeling spots on Kauai are accessible from shore. That means you don’t have to go on crowded boat tours on their schedule, to spots you can’t control, no matter the weather. Your snorkeling will be better and you will save money in the process. Where boat tours are a good idea, like on the Na Pali Coast, we recommend them.
PDF eBook Can Be Read on Any PC, Mac, Phone, or Tablet
Download the eBook to any device. Read it with a PDF reader like the free Adobe Reader app. It works great on all devices (except Kindle). Kindle Fire can use any other PDF reading app.
- PC and Mac
- Apple iPad, iPhone and Some iPods
- Kindle Fire and Fire HD
- Kindle E-readers (limited functionality)
- Android Tablets and Phones
Buy the Kauai Snorkeling Guide Here
You Are 100% Money Back Guaranteed – We know you will love the guide, but if you are dissatisfied we will promptly give you a refund.
Your Personal Details Are Secure – Payments are processed by Stripe, or choose PayPal or Apple Pay. We never see your financial details.
SendOwl handles our secure shopping cart system and eBook delivery.
Be Reading in Moments – Download your eBook during checkout. An email will also be sent with a download link.
Kauai Snorkeling Guide
PDF eBook $19.95
eGift Delivery Available – Just click the gift box during checkout. Not available with Apple Pay.
Problems with checkout? Please let us know.
Do you have purchasing or downloading questions about our eBooks? Read our FAQ page here.