St John Snorkeling Guide eBook
Day After Day of Joyous Snorkeling
NOTE: St John suffered a direct hit from Hurricanes Irma and Maria in September 2017 and there was extensive damage. The information in this eBook is from our 2015 visit.
We have heard from folks who used our guide after the storms that it is still very useful for finding snorkeling areas. That said, we have discounted the price by over 40% because the storm damage has surely changed the underwater descriptions.
Customer Review - Eileen
The "bible" of snorkeling for St. John. We have been going to St. John for 10 years and Nicole and Galen nailed it!
Customer Review - Gwen
My family used the St. John eBook and found it to be incredibly helpful. We have snorkeled St. John for the past seven years, but with this book we discovered new beaches to try and we learned a lot of things we didn’t know. It’s well-written, comprehensive, and a valuable tool for fish identification. We appreciated the ability to print out a version to take with us, too.
Customer Review - Bill
Once again, I have to tip my hat to you. I just came back from St. John
& used your guide & it was wonderful. My wife kept saying, "How
do you find these remote spots?" And, I tell her that I didn't. Galen
& Nicole did.
Snorkel Lesser Known, Vibrant Sites
Instead of Being Disappointed by Popular Beaches With a Lack of Sea Life
Want to find schools of fish? We share these rarely snorkeled spots!
If you know where to swim you can find these lush coral beds.
Customer Review - Bria and Paul
The St. John Snorkeling Guide eBook provided a wonderful “Go-To” Guide for planning our snorkeling day trips. The eBook format made it easy to print out the sections that we wanted to have on hand... This guide was invaluable, and the icon rating system very user friendly. The maps were... very helpful in finding our beaches and snorkeling sites. We highly recommend this guide for anyone thinking about exploring the undersea wonders of St. John.
Customer Review - Paul
It was invaluable in finding some of the more remote sites. I don't think we would have found them without it. Your driving directions to the site, the best way to enter, and where the best snorkeling was at each site were extremely helpful. It is a well thought out and thorough snorkeling guide. Thanks for doing it!
About the Authors - 100% Snorkelers
Galen Piehl and Nicole Atkins have sold thousands of their 8 popular eBook snorkeling guides. They also author the most popular snorkeling website, with over a million readers a year.
Avid snorkelers, they are on a mission to improve the quality and accuracy of
information available for snorkelers, and to help everyone have the most
memorable snorkel adventures of their lives.
What's in the St John Snorkeling Book?
34 of the Best Snorkeling Sites
How come we found St John to be the best Caribbean island we have visited for snorkeling, yet you can read reports from people that the reefs on St John are dead? Because they are only snorkeling the popular beaches with dead reefs. We focus 100% on getting you to the best snorkel sites and go overboard with useful descriptions and pictures of what it is like and how to get there. Compare this to general travel guides not written by snorkelers. They only give a few sentences about fewer spots, often with dated, incorrect, information.
Each Spot Includes:
- At a glance reference chart of the key details about the location
- Description of what you can expect, above and below water
- Best water entrance location and what it is like (sandy/rocky)
- Hazards - currents, swells, exposure, challenging entries
- Swimming directions to the healthiest reef areas with the most sea life
- Detailed driving and parking directions
- Facilities - bathrooms, water, shade, etc.
- Color pictures of everything - the beach, water entrance, sea life, driving intersections, parking, and facilities
Each Chapter/Section Includes:
- An overview description of what the area is like, with some notes about beaches to avoid with poor snorkeling.
- Road maps showing where the spots are, parking areas, trails, etc.
It Also Includes Very Useful Resources & Links
- Suggested Itineraries - Where to find the most fish, corals, turtles, kids spots, etc.
- Sites At A Glance - Reference and ranking of all spots.
- Fish & Creature ID Guide - 195 color pictures
- Snorkeling Safety & Reef Etiquette - How to read ocean conditions, currents, winds, and to snorkel safely.
- First Time Snorkeler Tips - How to snorkel efficiently, fit equipment, and choose locations for your skill level.
- Snorkel Gear Guide Plus Fitting & Use Tips
- Where To Rent Equipment
- Underwater Photography & Camera Gear Guides
- Travel Tips - Where to stay for snorkeling, best times of year, etc.
- Prevalent Wind & Ocean Current Tips
- Easy Print Guide Chapter - All of the snorkeling spots, condensed in one chapter with a smaller font and no pictures, that is easy to print.
Freedom to Be Your Own Guide - Save Money on Boat Tours
The vast majority of the best snorkeling spots on the St. John are accessible from shore. That means you don't have to go on expensive boat tours on their schedule, to spots you can't control, no matter the weather. Your snorkeling will be better and you will save money in the process. Where boat tours are a good idea, we recommend them.
PDF eBook Can Be Read on Any PC, Mac, Phone, or Tablet
Download the eBook to any device. Read it with a PDF reader like the free Adobe Reader app. It works great on all devices (except Kindle). Kindle Fire can use any other PDF reading app.
- PC & Mac
- Apple iPad, iPhone and Some iPods
- Kindle Fire & Fire HD
- Kindle Black & White (limited functionality)
- Android Tablets & Phones
Buy The St John Snorkeling Guide Here
You Are 100% Money Back Guaranteed - We know you will love the guide, but if you are dissatisfied we will promptly give you a refund.
Your Personal Details Are Secure - Payments are processed by Stripe, or choose PayPal or Apple Pay. We never see your financial details.
SendOwl handles our secure shopping cart system and eBook delivery.
Be Reading in Moments - Download your eBook during checkout. An email will also be sent with a download link.
Note: We have discounted the
price from $22.95 for the St John Snorkeling Guide because it has not been updated
since the 2017 hurricanes. Folks who have used the guide since the
storms have stated that it is still very useful for finding snorkel
St. John Snorkeling Guide
PDF eBook $12.95
eGift Delivery Available - Just click the gift box during checkout. Not available with Apple Pay.
Problems with checkout?
Please let us know.